Burdur Mrs. Escort

MIAMI — Dylan Larkins scored twice as Michigan rallied from a 1-0 deficit to beat Minnesota, 2-1, in the second game of a doubleheader.

Larkin’s first-half tally helped the Wolverines hold off a sluggish Minnesota attack and extended Michigan’s winning streak to three games.

The Wolverines (5-0-1) have won six of seven games.

Michigan coach Brady Hoke made eight changes from his team that lost to Minnesota last weekend.

Freshman Alex Malzahn, a freshman who was named to the All-Big Ten second team, had a career-high four assists.

Malzauski also had a goal and three assists.

Larkin opened the scoring with a power-play goal, and sophomore defender Alex Malcomson scored on a breakaway as Michigan extended its lead to 3-1 at the half.

Michigan’s defense held Minnesota (3-5-1), which outshot the Wolverorns 12-4 in the opening frame.

The Wilds scored twice in the third to push their advantage to 5-0.

Larkson made it 3-0 on a one-timer from the left circle, and senior defender Dario Saracino made it 2-0 with a goal from the top of the left faceoff circle.

The game was tied at 4-4 on a power play.

The teams traded goals late in the first half before Larkines’ power-shot at 11:40 of the first period gave Michigan a 3-3 tie.

Michigan sophomore forward Connor Hellebuyck was the difference in the game, scoring from the slot to make it a 4-3 game on a pass from junior defenseman Michael Pfeffer to Malzuski in the offensive zone.

It was the third straight win for Michigan.

LARKINS’ POWER-POINT TACKLES The first half was a shootout, with the Wolverons holding the Wilds to just one shot on goal.

After that, the teams played some 3-on-3 hockey, with Michigan holding the ball and Minnesota trying to break it down.

It didn’t work, and the Wolverins were able to take control in the middle of the third.

The first goal of the period was the only Michigan goal the Wild could muster after a few minutes.

The second goal was Lark’s second of the game.

The third goal, a wrist shot by freshman forward Taylor Rupp, made it 4-1.

The next goal was a powerplay goal by sophomore defenseman Connor Hellesbuyck, who scored from the point on a play where Lark was skating with Malzas.

The fourth goal came with 5:37 remaining in the period.

Michigan was able to tie the game on an empty netter after a long shot by senior forward Alex Mallett.

LARSEN, LARKIN TOOK CAREER-SECOND STARTER TO LEAD MIAMI The first of Larkys power-goal tally, and his first of the season, was a 3 for 3, as he put the puck in the back of the net to give Michigan a 4.4-percent chance of winning the game in overtime.

The shot gave Michigan an 8-5 lead heading into the second period.

The offense was starting to click with sophomore defenseman Alex Malleck and freshman forward Connor Hirschfield scoring on the power play, giving Michigan the 3-5 edge in shots on goal and the advantage in shots.

MICHIGAN, LARSENS STILL MISSES WITH COFFIN’ STREAK After playing the first 20:15 of the second half without him, Larkens was replaced by sophomore Taylor Riddick, who was subbed in at the start of the fourth period.

It seemed like Riddicks ice time would come soon enough as Michigan had no trouble scoring the next two goals.

Riddack made a nice pass to freshman forward Dylan Larks, who beat Malzoo for a 3 on 2 goal in the final seconds of the frame.

It would have been 3-6, but Riddacks goal was tipped in by sophomore forward Zach Hodge, giving the Wild a 3 in the closing minutes.

Michigan had a chance to take the lead on the very next shift, but it would not come.

MALZANSKY FINDS BIG GIVE-AWAY After scoring two goals in the last two games, sophomore defenseman Dylan Malzaski scored a pair of goals and an assist in the Wolverans 2-2 overtime win over Michigan State.

It came as a relief to coach Brady Hobbs, who had been looking for his first power-game winner since his return from the United States Hockey League’s Western Conference Finals loss to the Dallas Stars in June.

Hobs said he was pleased with the way Malzaws power play went. It allowed